Sunday, February 3, 2013

Galloway 10k Training Week 5

Week 5, Workout 1
30-35 minute run
The weather was cool out and breezy.  Nick and I ran 30 minutes, 2.64 miles.  This is 1/10th of a mile farther than my best run which was in Week 3, Workout 2 where I felt Unstoppable!!!  Pretty excited that I  am getting a little faster.  

Week 5, Workout 2
30-35 minute run
This was the Color in Motion race.  It is advertised as a 5K, but Kellie and I both clocked it with our Nike watches, and came up with approximately a three-mile route.  I ran 3.02 miles in 35:15.  I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a full 5K, but really enjoyed the race.  More about this run in the Color in Motion post.  I will say, this is the first time I ran the entire 3 miles, so I was pretty darn excited about that!

Week 5, Workout 3
4 mile run (Actual:  3.6 miles)
Apparently, I was so excited about my run yesterday that I forgot to charge my watch.  Therefore, 2.6 miles into my run, my watch battery died.  I estimated the rest of the route, not knowing how long or far I was running.  I knew I'd be short of the 4 miles, but I gave it a good effort.  When I got home, I used Google Maps to figure out the distance of the remainder of my run, which was an additional mile.  Therefore, my total run was 3.6 miles.  I did take a few walk breaks; I was expecting this because I ran the Color in Motion yesterday and my body isn't used to running two days in a row.  Overall, I'm satisfied with this run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment