Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Galloway 10K Training Week 6

This week was run out of order, but all workouts were covered.  

Week 6, Workout 1
30-35 minute run
Nick is out of town this week.  When I got home, I took the dogs on our usual 2-mile walk.  Then I put on my running shoes and hit the road.  I had to take a few walking breaks, but that didn't stop me.  My plan was to only run the minimum time.  When the clock hit 30 minutes, I felt like I could run more so I did.  Total time was 32 minutes, 2.5 miles. 


Week 6, Workout 3
5 mile run
Kellie met us for this run.  Total time for me was 1 hour 22 minutes, total distance was 6.1 miles, I ran 4.24 of those miles.  The weather was humid and cool.  It was nice to get home at 11am and already have over 18,000 steps for the day.  


Week 6, Workout 2
30-35 minute run
I ran the Rythm and Blues 5k.  Rain threatened the entire race, but all was good.  The course had several inclines, which usually discourages me.  I had a great run, considering I ran 5 miles the day before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment