Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rudolph Run 5k

Well, Nick and I completed our first 5K!!!  It was incredible!  The weather was cooperative and the festivities were fantastic.  The race left me feeling like I could do anything in the world.  Of course, I have plenty of pictures to share.  

The Rudolph Run 5K website encouraged us to dress in costumes.  And you know there was no way we were passing up this opportunity.  Kellie and I dressed as snowmen.  

I even convinced Nick get into the Christmas spirit.  

Originally, Nick and I were going to run our first race together.  But once the race started, I told Nick to go ahead and run at his own pace.  He finished a few minutes before me and had enough time to get the camera and snap a few photos as I finished the race.  

We waited for Kellie to finish her first 10k.  Here she is approaching the finish line.  

Afterwards we walked around,  and got a few pictures with Santa.  


Unbeknown to us, Kellie and I were entered into the costume contest.  (Because we had awesome Snowmen costumes, of course!!)  We had no intention of entering the contest, the race coordinator chose the contestants as we neared the finish line.  The little girl in the photo won the contest.  Congrats to her (even though she didn't seem very thrilled about it)!

And here we are showing off our finisher's medals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment