Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 in Review

I've noticed there are vastly different opinions about the year 2012.  Some people say it was a really good year, while others say it was a really bad year.  I agree with the latter.  My opinion has nothing to do with politics or finances or anything like that; 2012 was just not a good year for us.  I am not going into detail about the year, I'm just glad that it's over.  

On November 1st, I decided to write down some goals for the end of the year.  Something to work towards.  I read that not only should you set goals, but they should be written down and end dates set for each goal.  It was also suggested that your goals should be visible, don't hide them in a desk drawer to be forgotten.  So I printed out my goals and put them on the refrigerator.  Below is a review of my 2012 goals.  

Emily's 2012 Goals

  1. Run 3 times per week 
    • Completed
  2. Complete the Couch to 5K Program
    • Finished C25K program
  3. Complete a 5K in December
    • Rudolph Run 5K
  4. Weigh 140 lbs. by end of year
    • No weight loss
  5. Drink 64 ounces of water each day
    • I did not always achieve 64 ounces, but have become more aware of my water consumption.  
Overall, I am satisfied.  I am proud to say I completed a 5K, something I never thought I would be able to do.  Now it's time to focus on 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment