Saturday, January 12, 2013

Galloway 10k Training Week 3


Week 3, Workout 1
25-30 min run
Well the weather has been pretty awful lately.  It's been cold and raining the last couple of weeks.  Today was no different.  I decided to run on the treadmill this afternoon.  I ran for a total of 25 minutes, covering 2.2 miles.  At about 12:30, I walked for about a minute and a half, then I ran the rest of the way.  I couldn't get my Nike watch to create a lap, so times are estimated.  The run was decent, would have been better if I would have ran outside.  Oh well, maybe next time.  

Week 3, Workout 2
25-30 min run
It finally stopped raining today.  The weather has been so miserable, that I'd almost given up on running.  When I got home from work, I took the two dogs for a walk.  They did not do well.  They've been cooped up inside for the last two days due to the weather, and today was like they had never been on a walk before.  They had to stop and sniff everything.  Crossing other people on the path was a pain; they barked and jumped and just overall misbehaved.  By the time I finished the two mile walk, I was ready to give them up for adoption.  I had convinced myself I would just run tomorrow.  

Then I got home, and put on my running shoes.  I needed to go for a run.  I needed to burn off some of this frustration.  So I ran.  It was ah-mazing!!!!  The weather felt great, refreshing.  I ran 30 minutes, 2.54 miles.  I could have just kept running.  The weather calls for rain the next few days, but at least I had a good run today.   

Week 3, Workout 3
3 mile run
Make that a 3.1 mile run!!!  Kellie and I ran the ABB 5K this morning.  The weather was cloudy, temperature about 70 degrees with 90% humidity.  My goal was to run the entire way, but I ended up walking approximately 3 minutes.  Regardless, I finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment