Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C25K Week 5

Workout 1
5 min run/3 min walk/5 min run/3 min walk/5 min run
This is my best run yet!  I felt confident, relaxed, and my breathing was under control!  I want to run a 5K this year, maybe even a 1/2 marathon the end of next year.  I see medals...lots and lots of completion medals in my future!  

Workout 2
8 min run/5 min walk/8min run
This was tough.  My legs hurt.  My calves are sore and my shins are tight, really tight.  Not looking forward to our next run.  

Workout 3
20 min run (Actual: 12 min run/1 1/2 min walk/4 min run/30 sec walk/2 min run)
I hate running!  I hate running!  I want to quit!!  I don't care if I ever run again.  This is hard!!  I got twelve minutes into my run and tears were flowing down my cheeks.  I can't do this!  I'm overweight, out of shape, and out of breath.  The route was two laps around part of the neighborhood.  We got a few driveways passed our house, beginning lap two, and I was ready to give up and walk back to our house.  Nick kept trying to motivate me saying, "You can do it.  Don't stop.  Keep going."  You know what?  The hell with this!  It hurts - my side and my shoulder are killing me.  This is not fun for me.  So I walk for 1 1/2 minutes, then begin to run again.  I ran for another 4 minutes, then had to walk again for 30 seconds.  I ran the last 2 minutes.  
I got home and was ready to throw in the towel, except I'm too stubborn to do that.  It was an awful run.  Truth be told, last night I had candy before going to bed.  Nick thinks I psyched myself out of it.  I think it was just too much, too big of a leap.  
All in all, I ran 18 of the 20 minutes.  Really, that's not too shabby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment