Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C25K Weeks 1-4

C25K Week 1:
60 sec run/90 sec walk - 6 repetitions
I did it!  It wasn't my best moment, and I felt really fat and out of breath, but I did it!

C25K Week 2:
90 sec run/2 min walk - 7 repetitions
Our run time increased to 90 seconds.  This was difficult, but I'm hanging in there.  I'm having a really hard time breathing.  I can't decide if I should breathe in and out of my nose or mouth or a combination of both.  I do okay, then I start gasping for air like I'm hyperventilating.  If I breathe through my mouth, it gets dry, and I can't swallow.  If I breathe through my nose, I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen.  I need to find a happy medium, and soon!

C25K Week 3:
90 sec run/90 sec walk/3 min run/3 min walk - 2 repetitions
The running intervals are 90 sec and 3 min.  I'm scared, very scared.  This is DOUBLE my run time from last week.  I'm doing okay, still working on my breathing.  
  
C25K Week 4:
3 min run/90 sec walk/5 min run/2 1/2 min walk/3 min run/90 sec walk
I'm having a really hard time with my breathing.  I look up online about breathing while running.  Some websites say nose only, some websites say mouth only.  I figure I will do both.  All agree that you should breathe deep breaths.  So I take this information and incorporate it into my workout.  
On workout 2 of this week, I am out of town, so I do the workout on the treadmill at the hotel.  I focus solely on my breathing.  Breathe in 4 steps, breathe out 4 steps, repeat.  I'm starting to get the hang of it.  
Workout 3, my breathing is getting better.  After about 2 minutes of running, it gets a little out of control, but I'm working on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment