Sunday, November 25, 2012

C25K Week 8


Workout 1
28 min run (Actual:  25 min run/1 min walk/2 min run)
We ran a different route today.  We went out of the neighborhood, along the bike paths, through a nearby neighborhood.  I was doing great until the 25 minute mark.  Then I had a sharp pain in my side, and had to walk for about a minute, until the pain subsided.  I finished the run, covering 2.47 miles.  Most of this run was uphill.  

Workout 2
28 min run (Actual:  23 min run/1 1/2 min walk/3 1/2 min run)
We ran a route similar to our last, except instead of making a loop, we ran 15 minutes then turned around and headed to the house.  This made the route uphill in the beginning, and downhill towards the end.  I had pain in my side again today, thus the walking portion.  I think this is due to improper breathing, but I'm not quite sure.  I will have to focus more on my breathing.  Other than that, the run was pretty good. 

Workout 3 
28 min run  (Actual: 10 min run/3 min walk/6 1/2 min run/2 1/2 min walk/5 min run/3 min walk/2 min run)
Our normal run for workout 3 is on Thursdays.  Since this Thursday was Thanksgiving, we took the day off.  When I woke up Friday morning, I was sick.  I stayed on the sofa most of the day.  We walked the dogs, but that proved to be exhausting.  There's no way I could run.  Saturday I had the best of intentions, but still wasn't feeling great.  We got the dogs out for a walk, but a run was just too much for me.  This morning we walked the dogs, and Nick was going to run.  I was originally going home to lay on the sofa and rest, since I was up most of the night coughing.  When we got in from our walk, I made up my mind that I was going to try running today.  I told Nick not to wait for me, he could run ahead.  My plan was to run 5 minute intervals.  Once I started running, I let my body set the pace.  Today's run wasn't too bad for still being sick.  I am a little late (Sundays are usually the beginning of our week), but at least I got my last run in for the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment